Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Mac Malware (MacDefender) On The Rise, Is This The Fall Of The Mac?

Virus and Malware makers alike have begun attacking Mac users aggressively over the past few weeks.  Apparently, the payload has gone up since Apple has become a more popular platform (i.e. iPhone / Mac OSx).  Either way, Mac users should be wary of these new attacks and be prepared.  Here are some links to help you out.

Mac malware keeps a churnin' -- tips to help
More Mac malware top tips for avoiding infection
MacDefender malware targeting Mac users, instructions for removal

I remember when Mac was considered a safe operating platform, and I was always told everyone, just wait till the payload is big enough.  Well, I guess the payload has gotten big enough now.  I hope that no one has been infected, but if you have, I hope the links above help you some.

No comments:

Post a Comment